How to Disable Autoplay Videos on Facebook
Though it’s simple to disable autoplay videos on Facebook web-based media platform, but it generally relies upon the medium you are using to get to your videos. The means can be something like a smartphone (Android or iOS) or the web via the internet. To figure out how to turn off autoplay videos on Facebook using any of the medium that will be highlighted below, then read them carefully.
There are many ways to turn off autoplay videos on Facebook, but this article will try to highlight the simple and most important ones. This will incorporate how to carry out the process on Facebook Android, iOS and the web as well.
How to Turn Off Autoplay Videos on Facebook (Android Devices)
There is no doubt that Android users contribute a large number of Facebook total users. This implies that they will be needing a kind of information like this.
To figure out how to disable autoplay videos on Facebook with your Android device, then you should follow the step by step instructions we will give below. They are;
- First, launch your Facebook application on your android phone and then get access to your account. On the off chance that you are logged out of your account, then sign in (by providing your username and password in the space provided). When done, click on and continue to access.
- The next thing is to click on the three (3) parallel lines found at the upper right corner of your screen. This should display your menu where you will do the settings.
- Click on Settings and Privacy from the menu and then tap on Settings.
- The next step is to look down till you find Media and Contacts. When you do, tap on it to continue.
- Click on ‘Autoplay’ from the media category.
- The last step is to click on ‘Never Autoplay Videos’ and then your videos will never be automatically played.
- On the whole, the process is very simple to follow and when done effectively, you ought to have the option to disable autoplay videos on Facebook on your Android device.
How to Turn Off Autoplay Videos on Facebook (iOS Devices)
For Apple phone users, there is a way to disable Facebook autoplay videos just like Android device users. To figure out how to do this, just follow the guidelines laid out below:
- Open your Facebook application on your android gadget. In the event that you are logged out of your account, you will have to sign in (by providing your username and password in the space provided). This will be followed by continuing.
- The next thing is to click on the three (3) vertical lines, found at the lower part of the screen. This should lead you to the menu area.
- When the menu is displayed, find Settings and Privacy, then at that point click on it.
- The following step is to click on Settings.
- Look down and tap on Media and Contacts.
- Click on Videos and Photos.
- Click on Autoplay.
- The last step is to tap on Never Autoplay Videos to turn off the feature.
- That’s it on how to disable Facebook autoplay videos on iOS. In event that you followed the process effectively, you’d have the option to get rid of this worrying issue on your Facebook.
How to Turn Off Autoplay Videos on Facebook (Web)
If you aren’t that using the aforementioned platforms and that you incline toward using to your Facebook on the web, then in the same manner follow the below guides to disable Autoplay Videos:
- •The first thing is to sign into your Facebook account using the intended browser.
- • Tap on the downward-facing arrow found at the upper right corner of the page to get into the menu.
- • There locate the Settings and click on it.
- • Click on the ‘Videos’ option. The option is found in the toolbar on the right half of your screen.
- • You’ll see Auto-play videos. Click on the arrow descending downwards with default written on it.
- • The last step to get all done is to click on Off to debilitate the Autoplay Videos feature.
- N/B: While using your computer to get to your Facebook account, you can also change the default video quality just as you can turn on or off the videos caption option while on it
Facebook Autoplay Videos isn’t a new feature to be worried about. The social media platform launched the autoplaying videos on its site and applications and the feature is very important. It can be very good on the off chance that you watch a great deal of videos and have a fast internet connection as well.
Nonetheless, a lot of Facebook users do see autoplaying videos as irritating, particularly on the grounds that it isn’t controlled and sucks data as well.
This article provided a guide on how to turn off Autoplay Videos feature on Facebook. That’s the size of this write-up.