The different tools and editing choices can be intimidating when you’re newbie to TikTok or it ‘s been a bit since your previous post. Embedding text to your videos is one method to make them more interesting. You can even change the location and timing of the text on the screen. How can this be done? This tutorial post will show you how to utilize TikTok’s text tool.
Text on TikTok: How to Add It
Here’s how to add text to your TikTok video after you’ve filmed it on your iPhone or Android and tapped the check mark in the bottom-right corner of the screen:
1. Select Text from the menu (it has the Aa symbol above it).
2. Fill in the blanks with your text.
3. Personalise the text with the available options: Tap the A on the left side of the screen to add a highlight to the text. You can however alter the font by picking a selection from the multicolored circles at the bottom of the screen, or change the color by selecting an option from the options provided on the top-left side of the text menu.
4. When you’re finished, tap Done in the top-right corner of the screen, remembering that you can only change the text’s placement and timing after this point.
5. Move the text to where you want it to appear on the screen.
6. Complete your TikTok as regular by selecting Next, trying to add a description and any other information you want, and then pressing Post.
Simple Suggestion: You may utilize the text-to-speech feature on your TikTok to have your text read aloud by clicking your text, selecting Text-to-Speech, and afterwards choosing the preferred voice.
How to Make Changes to Text You’ve Posted on TikTok:
1. On your TikTok draft, tap the text.
2. Go to the Edit menu.
3. Make the adjustments you want, then tap Done when you’re finished.
How to Change the Text Duration on TikTok:
1. On your TikTok draft, tap the text.
2. Select the duration you want to use. This will take you to a screen where you can control when the text appears and, if desired, when it fades away.
3. Drag the timing bar to match up with your desired start and end times to select a start and end time.
4. Tap the play button, which is located just above the editing bar, to see how your text will appear.
5. Select the check mark in the bottom-right corner of the screen when you’re satisfied.
To make your timing adjustments official, check the box.
Pro Hacks: How to Add Text on TikTok
You may also insert text to your videos on other networks like Instagram and Facebook. TikTok, on the other hand, takes another step beyond. You may wish to add text to a video at a specific point for emphasis. You may also wish to put text on TikTok and make it disappear if you only want it at the commencement.
TikTok allows you to control when your text appears onscreen. The sole stipulation is that it must be visible for at least one full second. All you have to do to choose the length of your text is follow these steps:
- Tap on the text you want to edit.
- Set the duration of the event.
- Drag the red box around the bottom of the timeline to choose when the text should appear.
- Click the checkmark in the lower right hand corner when you’re done.
How to Include Numerous Lines of Text
One line of text isn’t always sufficient. You add your first in-video caption, please sure to complete the steps outlined above. Then follow these steps to learn how to use the TikTok editor to add various texts to your videos:
- Tap the Text button once again once you’ve added your first line of text to your movie.
- Fill up the blanks with your own caption line.
- Choose a typeface and a color.
- Don’t forget to tap Done.
Advantages of Using Text on TikTok
There are a variety of reasons why you should use text in your TikTok videos. We’ve broken down three benefits to assist you understand how this tool can affect your content.
Text is a wonderful approach to be inclusive in your TikTok videos. Not only does adding TikTok video subtitles benefit individuals who don’t have their sound turned on, but it also benefits those with hearing impairments.
In the electronic era, accessibility is critical, especially for persons with vision and hearing impairments.
It’s a quick and easy method to make your TikTok profile more welcoming and inclusive.
Telling a story
Incorporating text and customized durations can aid in the telling of a story. Furthermore, many people watch videos without sound, so utilizing text in your TikTok is a great approach to grab their attention.
Increased Engagement and Views
Text is an excellent technique to attract viewers’ attention and encourage them to watch the entire movie! You’ll pique your audience’s interest if you include text that provides context — or even mystery.
Viewers will see all of your TikTok video thumbnails when they visit your TikTok profile. If people understand what the film is about, they are more likely to push play.
Some other approach to utilize text to boost engagement is to notify your audience that there will be a surprise at the end of the video, which will entice them to watch until the very end!
Assuming your ideal viewer is viewing your video with the sound turned off; what text can you include and what tale can you tell to persuade them to turn it on?
Are you trying to figure out how to add text to your Tiktok videos?
Try out the techniques above and see how they work for your Tiktok audience. Review your TikTok stats if you’re not sure how your videos with text are doing. Analyze to see if there are any common themes in your TikToks with and without text.
You’ll be able to tell if you’re on the correct track based on this.