There are different types of weight loss apps out there that claim to give you the tools and guidance, only the best weight loss apps can help to maximize your results. From calorie counting and food tracking apps, to running and fitness program apps, the number of choices you have can certainly be overwhelming.
Below are the different types of weight loss app;
Best weight loss app for logging meals: Lose It! App
Lose It! is a user-friendly and ultimate calorie counting app,This app will generates your daily calorie needs and a personalized weight loss plan through an analysis of your weight, age, and health goals.
The app gives various features which you can get both a visual graph and log of your calorie breakdown based on your food intake and exercise you log into the app.
It also allows you to make logging your intake even easier, including a barcode scanner and a customer recipe builder. It also saves foods that you enter frequently, so you can quickly select them from a personalized list.
- Price: free; optional subscription for $9.99 per month or $39.99 per year
- iPhone rating: 4.8
- Android rating: 4.6
What makes the Lose it! app unique is, it allows you to track your food intake and portion sizes simply by taking pictures of your meals.
- expert-verified nutrition information in database
- huge food database
- syncs with other weight loss and fitness apps, including Apple Health and Google Fit
- community and option to participate in challenges
- Snap It feature allowing you to take photos to track food and portion sizes
- It doesn’t keep track of the vitamins and minerals you consume, but they explain why
- some complaints that the food database is missing a few popular brands
- potential for calorie counting to lead to a disordered relationship with food and body image in some people
Best Weight Loss App for At-Home Cooks – Fooducate
- Personalization: Set personal fitness and weight loss goals
- Goals: Individual weight loss goals
- Metrics: Calories, nutrients
- Device integration: N/A
- Activity summaries: Calories, “food points”
- Videos/Tutorials: Recipes
- Community: Built-in social
Get recipes and diet tips from a robust community of like-minded folks looking to live a healthier life, one meal at a time.
Additionally, This app helps you to track your activities like sleep, mood and hunger levels and keep up with your personal nutrition goals.
- Easy-to-use interface
- Log meals and food consumption
- Get recipes and fitness tips
- Connect with other users as you learn more about eating healthy
- Limited in its activity-tracking abilities
- Not recommended if you want something more exercise/fitness-focused
MyFitnessPal: The Food Tracking App With the Largest Food Database
MyFitnessPal has over 11 million foods included in its built-in food library of all the food tracking and weight loss apps out there even those from popular brands and restaurants. Recipe importer to easily move nutritional information from recipes to the app, the app can walk you through the process of adding all the ingredients so the serving sizes and nutritional information is imported into your log.
And of course, like Lose It!, you can use MyFitnessPal to track Over 350 exercises to log plus over 50 apps and devices that can be integrated with it.
- Price: Free with premium upgrade for $9.99 per month or $49.99 per year.
What is the number one weight loss app?
Everyone wants something different from weight loss app, and everyone wants something different from their weight loss app. The weight loss app that works well for one person may not work as well for your needs. We recommend reading up on a few of the different available options, beginning with this roundup.
Do weight loss apps really work?
Weight loss apps can possibly work, but the success of your app will depend on a few different aspects. For one, commitment to the app is a must. Being honest in your activity log is also very important. Look for an app aligned with your specific weight loss goals and set reasonable objectives for yourself.
Do fitness apps help with weight loss?
The best way to lose weight is the tried-and-true combination of a nutritious diet and regular exercise. If your fitness app motivates you to eat better and exercise more frequently, it is likelier to help you achieve your weight loss goals.