You can make use of your Echo device along with your Android phone, which will give you more control over Alexa. Alexa is the name of the virtual assistant of an Amazon Echo or Amazon Echo Dot smart speakers.
There are numerous reasons why you might want to know how to use Alexa on an Android phone. Perhaps you need to test the smart locks in your home while you are stuck in the office. Or perhaps you need to send a message to someone who also has an Amazon Echo.
No matter the reason, the usage of Alexa on an Android adds another layer of convenience to your day. This article will teach you how to use Alexa on an Android phone. Follow the steps below:
How Do I Connect My Android Phone to My Alexa?
Connecting your Android phone to Amazon’s Alexa assistant is usually carried out in two ways: the app or by pairing it with a tool.
The first method needs you to take in the Alexa app in your telephone to set up the assistant by way of it. Follow the steps below to start out using Alexa together with your Android telephone.
- Open the Alexa App. But if you haven’t , set it up from the Google Play retailer, and register to your Amazon account.
- Choose the consumer which can use this system.
- Click the Alexa button on the prime of the display and permit the permissions to entry your telephone’s microphone
- You can now use Alexa through pressing the button or via the usage of one of many wake phrases (“Alexa,” “Ziggy,” “Computer,” “Echo,” or “Amazon”) to start out the assistant.
How to Set Up Alexa on Your Android
1.Go to the Google Play Store. This is in the apps section of your device.
2.Look for the Amazon Alexa app. You can type the complete name to search, but “Alexa” alone will work as well.
3.Click install. Give the time to download. After the app is installed, you can then set up the app to connect to your Amazon account.
4.When it’s carried out, return back to the home screen and tap the app to set it up.
5. Log in with your username and password from your Amazon account.
6. Then click the Get Started button.
7. Under Help Alexa Get to Know You, pick your name. If you don’t see your name, you will need to click I’m Someone Else and type in your information. Click continue when done.
8, Tap Allow or Later if Amazon request permission to add your contacts. If you allow it, connecting with family or friends through the device will be easier.
9. Log in using your username and password from your Amazon account.
10. Then tap the Get Started button.
11. Under Help Alexa Get to Know You, choose your name. If you don’t see your name, you will need to tap I’m Someone Else and type in your information. Click continue when done.
12 Tap Allow or Later if Amazon asks permission to upload your contacts. If you allow it, connecting with family or friends via the device will be easier.
13. Verify your phone number if you wish to send and receive calls using Alexa. To confirm, you will obtain an SMS with a verification code. Enter this code and click Continue. If you don’t want to use this feature, tap Skip.
Now that you’ve downloaded, installed, and set up your Alexa on your Android device, it’s time to begin using it!
How Do I Connect My Android Phone to an Alexa Device?
If you wish to make use of your Android device with an Alexa-powered device, like an Echo Dot or Echo Show, then you will need to pair it with the device. This can also be carried out through the Alexa app. Follow the steps below to pair your Android phone to the Alexa device. This will allow you to stream music and other audio through the Echo device.
1. In the Alexa app, navigate to Devices.
2. Click Echo and Alexa near the top of the screen.
3. Choose the Echo device you will like to connect to and select Connect a Device.
4. On your Android device, open Settings and ensure Bluetooth is enabled. It may be listed under Bluetooth Connections on some devices like the Pixel 4A.
5. Tap Bluetooth to open a list of available devices, and then tap on the Echo device in the list.
Once your Android phone is connected to your Echo speaker, you can stream audio to the speaker from your phone and use it as a Bluetooth speaker. You can also interact directly with Alexa by pressing the Alexa button or using one of the wake words like “Alexa,” “Ziggy,” “Computer,” “Echo,” or “Amazon.”