If you have an iPhone, you probably take advantage of the camera to take different pictures, In that sense, it is also important to edit photos well so that, when sharing them on social networks, they come out as well as possible. However, doing this step with each one can be quite tedious.
For this case, A new feature in iOS 16 allows you to edit multiple photos at the same time. Basically, you take the edits from one photo and use the same settings on multiple photos. Here’s how it works.
How to Mass Edit Photos on an iPhone
There are two major things to understand about the batch-editing feature:
- It requires iOS 16 or higher. If you’re not running that version of the OS, the feature isn’t available.
- It takes the set of edits all of the tweaks and settings you make to one photo and treats it as a group of changes the system can copy+paste onto other photos. So, you need at least two photos you want to make the same edits to (the original that you make the edits to and a second that the group of edits is pasted onto).
With those criteria met, follow these steps below to mass edit photos on an iPhone:
- Firstly, find and open the first photo you want to edit in the Photos app.
- Click on Edit and apply whatever edits you want to make.
- Tap Done when you’re done making edits.
- Click on the three dots located at the top-right corner.
- Click Copy Edits. This copies every setting you applied to the photo and gets its ready to apply to another other photos you select.
- Click on the back arrow to return to your album view.
- Click on Select and then choose all the photos you want to apply the edit settings from Step 2.
- While you need to select at least one photo, there’s no real limit on the number of photos you can select.
- Click on the three dots located at the bottom-right corner.
- Click on Paste Edits. This applies the edit settings to every selected photo.
- if you don’t like the edits you made, Select one or more edited photos, tap … and then tap Revert to Original.
- A message pops up to let you know the edits have been applied to the selected photos.