Apple’s iOS 16 software update is now available to download, bringing new software features, tweaks and upgrades to how your iPhone works, One of the amazing features is how you can find any Wi-Fi password on your phone (You phone must have been connected to the Wi-Fi). For example your phone was connected to Wi-Fi by your friend or your work-place and you’re not given the password, you can get the password with this new iOS 16 feature.
To find the password on an iPone with iOS 16, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings.
- Tap Wi-Fi.
- Tap the Network(Wi-Fi) you’re using.
- Tap Password. You’ll need to autenticate yourself via Face ID, Passcode or Touch ID.
How to Share Wi-Fi Password on iOS 11 to iOS 15
For those that cant upgrade to iOS 16, You might not be able to look up your Wi-Fi password on your iPhone, but incase you want to share the password with a friend. since you both are running same iOS Version you/re good to go
To use this feature, here are few requirements you need to meet:
- Both device need to be running same iOS 11 or later.
- Your friend’s Apple ID must be in your contacts.
- Bluetooth must be enabled on both device.
- Now, Hold your iPhone near your friend’s iPhone. The devices must bee close to each other for thus to work.
- Using their iPhone, you friend should try to connect to same Wi-Fi network.
- The Share Your Wi-Fi window pops up from the bottom of your iPhone screen. Tap Share Password.
- The Wi-Fi password will be sent from your iPhone to your friend’s and their device will be connected automatic.