Snapchat is one of the most used app for iPhone users, with billions of downloads on the App Store. Imagine how left out you’ll be when you wake up and discover that the Snapchat app is no longer working on your iPhone.
In this article, we’ll take a look at why Snapchat keeps crashing on some iPhones. If your device is affected, you can also follow this article carefully to get some solutions that may get Snapchat working on your device again.
Why Is Snapchat Crashing on an iPhone?
Out-of-date app or operating system can cause snapchat not opening on an iPhone or crashing, inability to connect to a Wi-Fi or cellular internet connection or a lack of free space on the iPhone.
The Snapchat service being down or offline can also cause the Snapchat app to freeze, crash, or stop running properly.
How to Fix Snapchat Not Opening on an iPhone
Below are the best solutions for how to fix Snapchat problems on an iPhone smartphones.
- Check if Snapchat’s is down: If Snapchat isn’t working for you, the first thing to consider is that it might not be working for anyone. The Snapchat service could be experiencing a server outage or other technical issue.
2. Check your iPhone’s Wi-Fi or cellular connection. The fastest way to do this is to launch another app that needs an internet connection.
3. Switch from Wi-Fi to cellular. If your Wi-Fi isn’t working well or completely down, switch it off and try using your iPhone’s cellular connection to access Snapchat.
4. Switch Airplane Mode on and off. This only takes a few seconds and is an easy way to reset your iPhone’s Wi-Fi and cellular connections.
5. Close and re-open Snapchat. If Snapchat is up but still isn’t working for you, close the app and re-open it again.
6. Restart your iPhone. Restarting your iPhone can fix a number of app problems.
7. Update the Snapchat app. An app update may be required to get Snapchat to open on your iPhone and work properly.
8. Hold on for the app update to finish. If the Snapchat app icon shows faded and is not responding, this means that the app’s in the process of being updated. Make sure your iPhone’s connected to the internet and wait until the update’s finished.
Note: An iPhone app update can take anywhere from a minute to half an hour depending on your iPhone model and the speed of the internet connection.
9. Update your iPhone. Downloading and installing the latest iOS operating system can fix a lot of system and app issues.
10. Allow Snapchat to use cellular. Launch Settings > Cellular and make sure the switch next to Snapchat is enabled.
11. Free-up space on iPhone. A lack of free space can often cause iPhone apps to crash or not open.
12. Log out of Snapchat and then log in back. This quick process can reset your device’s connection to Snapchat’s servers.
13. Reinstall the Snapchat app.Uninstall the Snapchat app on your iPhone and then reinstall it through the App Store.
14. Disable iPhone’s Content & Privacy Restrictions settings. Launch Settings and choose Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions and make sure the main switch is off.
15. Reset your iPhone’s app settings. Performing the Reset All Settings method keeps all your files and data in place but will clear your iPhone’s preferences relating to how apps are used. This can clear out any conflicting settings that are stopping Snapchat from working properly.
Note: Make sure to select Reset All Settings when performing a reset. Other options such as Erase All Content and Settings can completely remove everything from your iPhone.
16. Reset your iPhone’s network settings. If the Snapchat app is having trouble connecting to the Snapchat servers, performing a network settings reset could fix it.
17. Contact Snapchat Customer Support. If nothing else appears to be working, reach out to Snapchat’s official support to see if they can fix the issue.
18. Use Snapchat on your computer. If you still can’t get Snapchat working on your iPhone or you’re forces to wait for a repair to be made, you can access the service via the web in the Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge web browser.