Facebook Avatars are a means by which you can express yourself on the social network in the form of a cartoon likeness. With the Facebook Avatar feature, You can make your own animated cartoon avatar and you can share it on your timeline. This feature can be used as a profile picture. You can customize your avatar with a variety of faces, hairstyles, and outfits.
The Facebook avatar can also be used while commenting on posts in Facebook stories and in the Facebook Messenger chat windows. The Facebook avatar can also be shared on Instagram, WhatsApp, and Twitter. It is almost similar to Bitmoji or Apple’s Memoji.
Below are steps on how to make a Facebook Avatar.
Here’s how to create your Facebook avatar:
- Launch the Facebook app on your phone.
- Tap on the ‘More’ button which shows on the right corner of your screen. That appears like (three lines vertically).
- Swipe down and click on See More.
- Now select Avatars.
- Click Next to begin.
- Choose your preferred skin tone and click on Next.
- Now select a hairstyle for your avatar. You can choose Short, Medium Or Long and the color for your hairstyle.
- Next, choose your avatar’s face shape, complexion, and face lines.
- You can now choose an eye shape and color for your avatar.
- Next, choose the eyebrow shape and color.
- You can also add glasses for your avatar.
- Now customize the nose and mouth.
- Next, choose the beards and color of the facial hair.
- Next, select a body shape.
- Now select your avatar’s outfit.
- Click on Next and then Done.
The Facebook Avatar creator can be accessed from Bookmarks in the Facebook app, and also from the comment composer. Also, You can access the avatar creator from someone else’s avatar shared across Facebook.
How to use your Facebook Avatar
You can make your Facebook Avatar popular and wide by sharing it on Facebook where it’ll appear in your friends’ News Feed.
However, that’s not all as the social network will create a set of digital stickers for you. These come in the form of pre-determined reaction stickers sets. From a simple thumbs up to popping a champagne cork or lying coquettishly by an open fireplace with a rose between your Avatar’s teeth, these stickers gives a lot of ways to express yourself in quiet digital form.
1. Use your Facebook Avatar in comments
When you want to use your Avatar to express your thoughts on a post, simply click on the comment button and then the emoji button where you’ll be presented with your own avatar stickers, and also the option to use standard emojis as well.
You’ll be able to do this a little more succinctly in the web version of Facebook by clicking on the sticker button, where you’ll then be presented with your Avatar stickers as well as other more generic stickers.
2. Use Facebook Avatars in Messenger chats
You can also do the same for chat messages on the web version of Facebook. When you have a chat window open, tap on the stickers button, which will present a suite of stickers to use. Then tap on the icon that shows your Facebook Avatar, which will serve up a menu of custom Avatar stickers to use.
Also, the Avatar reaction stickers work in the Messenger app. Simply click on the emoji button in the chat bar, then tap on the stickers menu and swipe right to access your Avatar stickers, and you’ll have a whole load of them to use to your heart’s content.
In conclusion, Facebook Avatars is still rolling out across the world, and there’s a good chance the Avatars and the reaction stickers could be used in other Facebook-owned services.