This guide explains how to play PSP games on your TV. Precisely, this article applies to the PSP-2000 and 3000 models (a.k.a. the PSP Slim and PSP Brite).
How to Play PSP Games on Your TV
You will be required to connect your console to the television set through AV cable if you want to play PSP games on your big screen TV.
1.Make sure the battery has enough charge for the amount of time you want to play and plug your PSP in with its AC adapter.
2. On the bottom of your PSP, attach the AV cable to the video out port.
Note: It’s the only port that end of the cable fits in.
3. Connect the other end of the AV cable to the ports on your TV appropriately.
There are 2 different types of cables to use depending on your TV. A composite cable will have 3 color-coded plugs (white, yellow and red). A component cable will have 5 colored plugs (white, yellow, blue, green and 2 red).
4. Switch on your TV and choose the needed input. This varies depending on your TV model, so check your user manual if you’re not sure (or you can choose the input by trying the available ones once your PSP is on and set up for video out).
5. Switch on your PSP. Once it boots up completely, on the front of the PSP, press and hold the Display button. The handheld’s screen should go black and its usual display should appear on your TV screen.
6. Insert your UMD game into the PSP’s UMD drive or insert your memory stick into the memory stick slot if you haven’t already, then navigate to the Game menu using the PSP’s buttons just as you would if you were going to play the game on your PSP screen.
7. Search for the game in the Game menu and click on the X button to start playing. You can use your PSP’s buttons to play just as you would if playing normally. Think of the PSP as console and controller in one, and the TV as an external display.
8. Save your game as usual when you are done playing. Press and hold the Display button again and the screen image disappears from your TV and reappears on your PSP. Remove the cables from your TV and PSP.
Can I Play PSP on My TV?
You can play games using your television as an external display if you own a PlayStation Portable. This needs the video out jack on the handheld, along with an AV cable.
The graphics quality doesn’t get better with a bigger TV (in fact, depending on how big your TV is, it may even look worse), but it can make some games with really small elements easier on the eyes. And it’s just cool to play PSP games on a much bigger screen.
What You Need to Play PSP Games on Your TV
To Play PSP games on your TV screen, the following equipment are required:
- A PSP (either a 2000 or 3000 series model).
- A PSP component or composite AV cable.
- A TV with the appropriate AV-in ports (to match your PSP cables).
- An AC adapter for your PSP is a good idea, but not essential.
- A game on UMD or memory stick.