Apple’s iOS 16 Fitness app is now available to everyone, irrespective of whether they have an Apple Watch or not. But before you can start using the app, you need to know how to set it up.
Now, you can track how much you move in a given day and set goals to lead a more active life But first, you have to know how to set up the Fitness app. It also makes you more accountable for your actions by providing a social element.
The fitness app tracks more than just your steps. It also monitors your progress in these categories – your move goal (calories per day), the distance you travel each day and your walking/running pace.
Fitness does this by comparing your last 90 days of activity to the past year, and it starts after you’ve recorded 180 days of activity.
Furthermore, it has a dashboard that displays all your data in one place for easy access. It also comes with inbuilt tools that help you stay motivated, track workouts and more.
How to set up the fitness app?
The process of setting up the Fitness app on your iPhone is very simple and can be done within minutes.
Follow these steps to set up the Fitness app on any iPhone running iOS 16.
- Open the Fitness app and click “Continue.”
- Users will be required to enter their details such as date of birth, sex, height and weight. Once done, click again.
- Users can then set their daily move goal in terms of how many calories they want to burn per day. You can choose to be lightly, moderately or highly active. The app recommends minimums for each level. However, you can also set your own goal by tapping the plus and minus buttons. Once you’ve set the goal, click “Set Move Goal.”
- After you have selected your daily move goal, you’ll be required to set up Fitness notifications to help keep you on track and motivated to meet your goals.
Immediately the app is set up, it will automatically start tracking the number of steps and distance you cover each day, which will then be converted into a calorie value.
As you begin to “close your fitness ring” by meeting your daily goals, you’ll start earning badges and awards that will be displayed prominently on the main page of the app.
How to let the Fitness app track your activity
1. Swipe down to the Trends section on the Fitness Summary screen, it’s just below Activity and click Get started.
2. On the subsequent Activity Trends screen, tap OK to let the Fitness app monitor your progress over time.
Share Activity With Friends On iPhone Fitness App
At the end of the screen, you will see a Sharing tab that allows you to share your workouts, send messages, and receive progress notifications with your friends to help support, challenge, and cheer you on.
To share your info, click the Get Started button at the end of the Sharing page, then click the profile icon in the top right corner.
Next, click the plus sign icon in the right corner, and begin to type your besties’ names as if you were about to send a new text message. choose the names you want to share your data with, then click “Send” in the top right corner.
In conclusion, We hope our article on how to set up and use iOS 16 fitness app on iPhone will help you and resolve all your problems. Apple Fitness app is one of the best health app that you can use to stay fit and healthy, with iOS features it is highly recommended to set up this app.