Most Android smartphones today are offering a feature called, “Dual Apps” that allows you to run two versions of an app simultaneously, in this case WhatsApp.
Companies including OnePlus, Samsung, Xiaomi, Vivo, Oppo, and Realme among others, allow users to set up dual apps or parallel apps, or twin apps. The feature is branded differently by different OEMs for what is essentially a feature that allows users to have two separate versions of the same app.
If you have a Samsung phone, you can go to Settings > Advance features > Dual Messenger. OnePlus users can go to Settings > Utilities > Parallel Apps.
If you have a Xiaomi phone running MIUI, you can go to Settings > Apps > Dual apps. Finally, Realme users can go to Settings > App management > App cloner. Vivo users can open the Settings app > Apps and notifications > App Clone. Oppo smartphone users can tap on Settings > App Cloner.
In this guide, we will explain to you how to set up a dual WhatsApp account on your dual SIM mobile.
How to use dual WhatsApp
Before setting up dual apps, make sure the second SIM is activated and connected to the Internet.
1. Launch the Settings app on your phone.
2. Scroll down and look for for Dual apps, App Clone, App twin, Parallel Apps, or the the designated name of the feature depending on the brand.
3. You will see a toggle against WhatsApp app, switch it on.
4. Go back to the home screen.
5. You should be able to see a second WhatsApp icon with some kind of marking on it.
6. You can then launch the app and set it up to use a second WhatsApp account on your device.
Note: If you device does not have this feature, you can download the Parallel apps
How to Use Dual WhatsApp Account on One Smartphone via WhatsApp for Business Application
you can use this method to operate two WhatsApp account on one smartphone if there is no option for using app cloning option on your Android smartphone. The app is installed separately and can be used with different mobile numbers. Here’s how you can do it:
- Download and install WhatsApp for Business application on your Android or iOS device.
- Agree to the terms and conditions and register yourself by entering your secondary number.
- Create your business profile by adding a name, business category, and choosing a profile picture.
- Tap on Explore button and go to Business profile. From there, you can enter your business information like your business address, description, hours, and more.