The 2022 iPhone 14 has been revealed is open for pre-ordering, and will arrive later in September. There are four new iPhone models this year that bring improvements to battery life, cameras, safety, and more.
Apple iPhone 14 Release date
On September 7, The iPhone 14-series was announced at Apple’s “Far Out” event, which took place earlier than usual (normally, Apple hosts its iPhone announcement events on the second Tuesday of September, which would have been September 13 this year).
iPhone 14 will released to the market on the 16th of September, Pre-orders for the iPhone 14 series will open in a couple of days’ time, on September 9. Meanwhile, the iPhone 14 Plus will be available on October 7.
iPhone 14 Price
There are four models. These are the starting prices, which vary depending on the storage option you choose.
- iPhone 14: $799
- iPhone 14 Plus: $899
- iPhone 14 Pro: $999
- iPhone 14 Pro Max: $1099
iPhone 14 pre-orders began September 9. Visit Apple.com to pre-order the iPhone 14.
Apple iPhone 14 Specs and hardware
The iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max comes with the Apple A16 Bionic chipset, its first 4nm chipset, with 16 billion transistors on deck.
Also the iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Plus comes with iPhone 13 Pro’s chipset, the Apple A15 Bionic with 5-core GPU. This is the first time that a new iPhone generation ships with last year’s Apple chipset now has some 15% better performance in comparison with the iPhone 13.
The six-core configuration has been kept, with Apple saying the two performance cores now use 20% less power than the Apple A15 Bionic. Graphics-wise, Apple says the GPU now has 50% more memory, which should improve the overall performance.
The iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Plus, iPhone 14 Pro, and iPhone 14 Pro Мax support 5G in terms of connectivity, just like the iPhone 12 and iPhone 13 generations. eSIM is available on all new models, but a physical SIM card will not be available on any new iPhone 14 sold in the US. That’s right, you will have to resort to an eSIM if you get any of the new iPhones in the US.
With this new features, You can share your location through Find My. The iPhone 14 family now also supports Satellite SOS connectivity, allowing iPhone users to connect while in areas hat are outside regular cell coverage. Also, iPhone 14 will connect to a satellite hundreds of miles above and allow you to report emergency. Sadly, standard texting and other types of data throughput are not supported due to the limited bandwidth. Still, you can send simple short messages and hopefully get emergency services to help you out.
iPhone 14 Series Features
There are a few big new features that arrived this year, and lot of smaller ones.
- Hole and pill-shaped cutouts for camera and sensor
- Front camera’s upgrade to autofocus (vs fixed focus)
- The A16 chip in Pro models only
- No physical SIM card tray for US models (only eSIM) means you can have multiple numbers and data plans on a single phone
- Action Mode provides smoother stabilization when taking videos
- Always-on display that goes dark when the phone is face down or in your pocket
- The Super Retina XDR display is twice as bright in the sun than previous models
- Emergency SOS via satellite for reaching emergency services even if you don’t have Wi-Fi or cell service
- Crash Detection can detect a severe car crash, then call emergency services and tell your emergency contacts where you are