Your Netflix password is the main tool for protecting your account. It keeps strangers from using your account, obviously, but it also helps safeguard your payment information.
Experts agree that keeping a different password for every site you use and making sure that password is complex is the best way to keep your information secure.
With that in mind, here’s how to change your Netflix password, even if you don’t remember it.
How to change your Netflix password on mobile
1. Launch the Netflix mobile app on your iOS or Android device. Log into your account and select your profile under Who’s Watching.
2. On an iPhone or Android phone, click your profile picture in the top-right corner of your screen and select Account.
3. On an iPad or Android tablet, click More at the end of the screen and choose Account there. This will launch the Netflix website in your default mobile browser.
4. Click “Change password” and input your current and new passwords.
As explained above, check the box to “Require all devices to sign in again with new password.”
6. Click Save to confirm and your Netflix password will be changed and updated across all your devices.
How to change your Netflix password on desktop
1. Firstly, visit the Netflix website on your desktop browser. Tap the red Sign In button in the top-right corner and sign into your account.
2. Choose your profile and you’ll be directed to the Netflix homepage. move your mouse over your profile image in the top-right corner and click Account
3. Tap the “Change password” link in the Membership & Billing section.
4. Input your existing password, then type the new password you want to use. Input your new password again to confirm.
5. Make sure the check box “Require all devices to sign in again with new password” is selected. This will force anyone currently logged into your Netflix account to sign in with your new password (which they won’t know).
6. Tap Save to confirm your password change and return to your Account page.
How to change your Netflix password if you can remember it
If you want to change your password for a different reason and you can’t seems to remember it then you can do so on your laptop.
1. Log into your Netflix account.
2. Go to the profile icon in the top right corner and tap ‘Account’.
3. Choose the ‘Change password’ option on the right section of your screen.
4. Input your ‘Current Password’, ‘New Password’, and then ‘Confirm New Password’.
5. Make sure you tick ‘Require all devices to sign in again with a new password’ if you want to make sure that everyone who is currently signed into your account is logged out.
6. Tap ‘Save changes’.
In conclusion, After going through the steps above, your account password will then be updated on other devices, such as your smart TV or streaming stick