Apple introduced different types of interesting features with iOS 16. One of the additions in iOS 16 is the iCloud Shared Photo Library. Once you share an iCloud library with someone, they get owner access and can edit, delete and add captions.
Additionally, you can make videos or take pictures and upload them directly to the Shared Library. In this article, we will show you how to create and use an iCloud Shared Photo Library on iPhone and share selected photos with friends and family.
How to set up an iCloud Shared Photo Library
1. Launch Settings, then choose Photos.
2. Click on Shared Library to switch the feature on.
3. You will then be directed to an iCloud Shared Photo Library splash screen. Click Start Setup.
4. Select the people you wish to invite, you can add up to five others then tap Continue.
5. Decide which photos to move to the shared library. You can choose all the photos in your library, pick photos by the dates taken or people featured, or manually select photos.
6. You’ll be asked to pick the people to add to the Shared Photo Library. By default, the names of people in the group will be selected, but you can add others as well.
7. You can pick a start date for photos included in your iCloud Shared Library.
8. You will then be asked if you want to preview your Library.
9. You can now invite people to your shared library by sending them a link or a text through Messages.
10. You’ll be asked if you want every photo you take with the Camera app to automatically send photos to the iCloud Shared Photo Library. You can also opt to share photos manually.
11. That’s all, you’re all set up.
Now that you have learn how to set up an iCloud Shared Photo Library on your iPhone, it’s time to start sharing memorable moments with your loved ones.