Everyone knows that half of the fun Christmas time is taking the time to capture new memories and document long standing traditions. Whether it’s snapping a picture of the newest ornament placed on the Christmas tree on commemorate “Baby’s first Christmas” or taking a family picture.
And what better way to make all of your friends’ and family’s Christmas merry and bright is by spreading the holiday spirit on social media for all to see.
So check out our list of short, funny and festive Christmas Instagram captions to wrap up each new post like the true gifts they are.
Short Christmas Captions
These captions are so short, you can type them out faster than a five year-old can make it to the tree on Christmas morning.
1. These halls are decked.
2. Merry Christmas!
3. We found the reindeer!
4. Gone chimney spelunking.
5. ’Tis the season.
6. It’s tree time.
7. Let it snow, etc.
9. Just hanging some stockings.
10. Mmmm, Christmas cookies.
12. So many presents!
13. Decorations are go.
14. Only X days left.
15. Both holly and jolly!
16. It’s time to light the lights!
17. About to go a-caroling.
18. Checking my list twice.
19. Friends, family, and food
Funny Christmas Captions
1. Single bells, single bells, single all the way!
2. Did you know? The alphabet in December has noel.
3. Christmas is lit.
4. It’s the most wonderful time for a beer.
5. We took a few elfies.
6. Drop it like it’s hot chocolate.
7. Make it rein(-deer!).
8. Today’s to-do list: eat, drink, nap, and eat some more.
9. Single and ready to jingle.
10. A round of Santa-plause for my outfit, please.
11. Can I get a watt watt?
12. It’s true: I’m a Christmas tree hugger.
13. Don’t get your tinsel in a tangle.
14. Resting Grinch face.
15. Feast mode, on.
16. Really hope one of these presents barks…
17. Believe in your elf.
18. Sleighing it!
19. Santa, can you define “nice”?
20. Christmas time and I’m feelin’ pine.
Merry Christmas Family Quotes
Whether born into it or found, family is often one of the most significant parts of the Christmas season.
1. As expected, my parents brought way too much food.
2. “The smells of Christmas are the smells of childhood” —Richard Paul Evans, “The Christmas Box”
3. This Christmas is sisters-only!
4. Welcome to our family.
5. “Never worry about the size of your Christmas tree. In the eyes of children, they are all 30 feet tall” —Larry Wilde
6. There’s nothing like coming home for Christmas.
7. Gather ‘round the Christmas tree, everyone!
8. How many cousins can we fit in the frame?
9. “Christmas works like glue, it keeps us all sticking together.” —Rosie Thomas, “Iris & Ruby”
10. We have so many more elves in the family this year!
11. There’s nobody I’d rather spend this Christmas with than my best friend.
12. This year’s family portrait is more crowded than usual.
13. The gang’s all here!
15. “Christmas is a time for families.” —Dorothy Koomson, “My Best Friend’s Girl”
16. Meeting the in-laws for the first time this year!
17. From our family to yours, Merry Christmas!
18. “Christmas, children, is not a date. It is a state of mind. ” —Mary Ellen Chase
19. I say it every year but we all need to get together for more than just Christmas.
Cute Christmas Instagram Captions
1. Make it a December to remember.
2. Merry everything and happy always.
3. Christmas Magic is in the air.
4. ‘Tis the season to sparkle.
5. May your days be merry and bright.
6. May you never be too grown up to search the skies on Christmas Eve.
7. You can find me under the mistletoe.
8. Happy holidays from all of Santa’s little elves.
9. We’re just like a bunch of candy canes: sweet and slightly twisted.
10. All spruced up.
11. Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse.
12. Hot cocoa + holiday movies + family = Christmas.
13. Never thought this moment would arrive, but every single present is finally wrapped.
14. I’m only a morning person on December 25th.
15. The stockings were hung by the chimney with care …
16. Today’s to-do list: snuggle up by the tree with a mug of hot cocoa.
17. It’s the most wonderful time of the year.
18. The world changes when it snows.
19. Hot chocolate weather.
20. Keep Calm and Have a Merry Christmas.
Happy Holidays Captions
With people from all over the world using the internet, there’s a very good chance some of you (or some of your friends and followers) may not celebrate the same holiday. So if you want to wish them a pleasant late December but keep things a bit more open, these captions are for you. Or technically for them.
1. Tis the season for a lot of fun stuff!
2. Whatever you’re celebrating, we hope have a great time.
3. “Every day is a gift. But some days are packaged better.” —Sanhita Baruah
4. The fun begins when the temperature outside starts to drop.
5. I’ll take any excuse to get dressed up!
6. Wishing you all the best this season.
7. Candy corn, candy canes… it’s all sweet to me.
8. “All worries are less with wine.” –Amit Kalantri, “Wealth of Words”
9. Best of luck in the new year!
10. Happy Holidays to one and all.
11. “The holiday season is about love! Share it. Spread it. Live it.” —Amy Leigh Mercree
12. May your days be filled with happiness and cheer.
13. I am officially ready to celebrate.
14. “Holidays. Don’t have to be a turbulent flight. If you embrace the light, over the fight.” —B.K. Sweeting