If you’ve ever downloaded an app on the iPhone or iPad you’ll feel right at home downloading and re-downloading apps on the new Apple TV. There are, however, a few differences that are worth noting.
You can search by category or browse the suggestions, and because Apple has strict guidelines about what can and can’t appear in the App Store, you can also be sure that whatever you choose is safe and secure, too. Here’s how to download Apple TV apps.
How to download apps on Apple TV
1. Launch the App Store app on your Apple TV.
2. Now search for an app that you may like. You can swipe up and down the homepage and consider Apple’s suggestions. Doing so also allows you to see the top free and paid-for apps.
3. Select one of the categories located at the top of the top of the screen or use the search bar if you know the name of an app.
4. Once you have found something you would like to download, simply select the app.
5. Read the information and make sure it’s an app that you definitely want, including whether there are in-app purchases these are common for apps that are initially free to download, but keep features locked behind payments or subscription packages.
6. You can also scroll to the bottom of the screen to see the extent and cost of the top in-app purchases. This will assist you to get a feel of how much this app might cost you in the long run!
7. Once you’re okay, click Get or click the price (depending what it shows).
8. You can now select Get once more.
9. If you have an Apple device such as an iPhone, iPad and Mac signed into the same iCloud account as your Apple TV, you can use this device to confirm your payment. Just click Confirm with Apple Device and follow the instructions on your device’s screen.
Alternatively, click Confirm With Password and enter the password associated with your Apple ID.
10. You will be told the transaction has been confirmed and the app will begin to download and install on your Apple TV. Wait for the app to install.
11. You can now click Menu a couple of times on your Apple TV remote to return to the main home screen where you will be able to find and open the app.
That’s it! You can now download apps to your Apple TV.