By default, Snapchat is very focused on letting you stay connected with friends, and so strangers can’t find you and most of the content you create is only available to other people you’re already friends with.
You can also make a public profile on Snapchat if you wish. This lets other Snapchat user find you and share your content. It’s a great way to build a fanbase and share content, and you can make your profile public with just a few taps.
However, switching to a public profile will give all Snapchat users the ability to easily find and view your content. In this article, we’ll explain how to make a public profile on Snapchat.
How to Make Your Snapchat Profile Public
When you create an account on Snapchat, every piece of content you shoot is only made available to folks on your friends list. In order for the general population to enjoy your content, you have to make your Snapchat profile available public. Here’s what to do.
1. To switch to a public profile, head to your Profile by clicking your Bitmoji on the top left of the screen.
2. Once in your Profile, swipe to Spotlight & Snap Map and click on the three dots next to Add to Spotlight.
3. A prompt will appear with two options at the bottom of the screen. Click Create Public Profile. Confirm your selection in the next screen to make your profile public.
When you decide to create a public Snapchat profile or opt to change an existing account, you run the risk of attracting unwanted attention. As such, your name will show up on any Snaps you post to Spotlight or the Snap Map. Your name will also be attached to any Lenses you make. If things get out of hand, just edit or delete your Public Profile.
How to Make Your Story Viewable by Everyone
It’s just a few taps to make your Snapchat story available to everyone. Here’s how it’s done.
1. Click your Bitmoji located at the top left of your screen to launch your Profile. Once you are there, click the gear in the top right to get to your Account Settings.
2. Once you open Settings, swipe to Privacy Control and click View My Story. Select “everyone” to let your Story posts be seen by anyone.
Note: While you’re making your Snapchat Story available to all users, you can also decide whether you want your profile to be searchable in the app’s Quick Add program or if you want to show up in the My Location feature. Both options make it easier for people to find your Snapchat whether you personally know them or not. This will boost your visibility at the expense of your relative privacy using Snapchat.