Instagram is one of the most well known social media platforms for personal and professional use. People now share more than just pictures of their pets and food on this network. So, even if you missed out on the Instagram craze, you might still need or want to access someone else’s Instagram account.
In this article, we’ll tell you what to do if you need to use Instagram but don’t have an Instagram account and which parts of other people’s accounts you can and can’t see.
How to See Instagram Profiles Without an Account
You can see Instagram profiles and photos without an account. However, you need to know the name of the profile you wish to view.
Follow these steps to see an Instagram profile without an account.
1. On your smartphone or computer browser, type in https://www.instagram.com/username where username is the profile you wish to view.
2. Tap the x to the right of the login notification to remove the banner.
3. Right click on the image to view a photo or video.
4. Select Open Image in New Tab to avoid needing to log in or sign up.
5. You can now view the image. Click on a video to play it. It is also possible to swipe down and view all the comments.
Using a Third-Party Website to View an Instagram Account
1. Type https://imginn.com into your preferred web browser. On your mobile device or computer, open up your preferred web browser and type this into the address bar.
2. Type an Instagram username into the search bar. This is a white search bar at the top of the website.
3. Click on the magnifying glass icon. This is to the right of the search bar.
4. Click on the correct profile. A list of profiles similar to the one you typed in will appear on the website. Simply click on the correct one.
- Keep in mind that this function is only available if the user has a public account.
5. View their posts. All you need to do is scroll through the user’s page to view all of their posts. If you want to see the caption or comments on a particular post, simply click on it.
6. Click on Download (optional). Click on the red Download button underneath the post if you want to download a certain post to your device.
What You Can Do on Instagram Without an Account
Viewing Instagram without an account is possible, but quite limited. Here’s what you can do on Instagram without an account:
- View profiles. If you know the profile name, you can check the user’s profile information as well as see any links they may have in their bio.
- View images and videos. It’s possible to click on an image or video to see the content.
- See comments. It’s possible to read comments left by registered users.
- Browse anonymously. Instagram’s algorithm means it can suggest related accounts based on what you’ve looked at. When not logged in, there’s no way of your activity being traced.
What You Cannot Do on Instagram Without an Account
Without an Instagram account, you will face some limitations. Here’s what you can’t do without an Instagram account:
- Post comments. It’s not possible to leave comments or even likes on a photo or video.
- Follow an account. There’s no way of following an account anonymously. You need to be registered to follow someone.
- Privately message a user. Without an account, it’s not possible to privately message someone.
- Search for a profile. Unless you use a third-party website, there is no way of searching Instagram without being logged in.
Instagram is free, so if you’re still having trouble finding and viewing the account you want to see it might be worth a few minutes of time to sign up.