This article explains how to add new email folders on iPhone. The instructions apply to all iPhones and iPads.
How to Make a Folder on the iPhone Email App
Creating new mailboxes takes just a few taps, and you can name them whatever you like.
1. Launch the Mail app on your iPhone.
2. From your inbox, select the icon (<) in the upper-left corner to see your Mailboxes list.
3. Click on Edit at the top of the screen.
4. Select New Mailbox in the lower-right corner.
5. Input the desired name for the new folder in the field provided.
6. To pick a different parent folder, click on the account under Mailbox Location, and select the desired parent folder.
7. Tap Save, then tap Done.
8. You can also create custom folders in the Apple Mail application on your Mac and sync them to the iPhone or iPad. Erase any folders you set up in the iOS Mail app when you no longer need them.
How to Move Messages to a Custom Mailbox
As you receive emails in your inboxes, move them into custom folders to organize them.
1. Launch the Mail app on your iOS device.
2. On the Mailboxes screen, tap the mailbox containing the messages you want to move.
3. Tap Edit, then select the emails you want to move by tapping the circles beside each one.
4. Select Move.
5. Select the custom mailbox from the list that appears to move the chosen emails.