My Eyes Only is a Snapchat feature in Memories that allows you to password-protect particular snaps and stories you save. This way, if someone gets ahold of your device, they won’t be able to access your My Eyes Only content without the password.
This guide will explain how to set up a passcode or passphrase for the My Eyes Only feature and move saved snaps or stories in Memories to it.
How to Set Up ‘My Eyes Only’
The following steps will show you how to set up your passcode or passphrase for the My Eyes Only feature.
1. On the camera tab, tap the Memories button to the left of the camera button (which looks like a set of two cards) or swipe up from the screen’s bottom to access Memories.
2. In the horizontal menu, Tap My Eyes Only.
3. Tap the blue Set Up button.
4. If prompted, tap the pink Quick Setup button.
5. Enter a four-digit passcode to use to access any future content you save in ‘My Eyes Only.’
6. Ensure to save your passcode somewhere secure, such as in a password manager. If you’d prefer to use a passphrase of letters and numbers, tap Use Passphrase at the bottom of the screen instead. Keep in mind that if you forget your passcode or passphrase, Snapchat won’t be able to recover it or any of your private snaps saved behind it.
7. Confirm your passcode (or passphrase) by entering the four digits again.
8. Snapchat will show your passcode/passphrase.
9. Tap Continue.
10. Tap Finish.
Now when you go to My Eyes Only in Memories, you’ll have to enter your passcode/passphrase to access its content.
How to Move Saved Snaps to ‘My Eyes Only’
The following steps will show you how to move saved snaps or stories in Memories to My Eyes Only.
1. Access your saved snaps and stories by clicking the Memories button to the left of the camera button or swipe up from the bottom of the screen.
2. To move an individual snap or story to My Eyes Only, select the snap or story to view it in full screen.
3. Tap the three vertical dots in the top right corner of the snap or story.
4. Tap Hide Snap (My Eyes Only).
5. Tap Move.
6. To move snaps or stories in bulk to My Eyes Only, tap the circled checkmark in the top right corner of Memories.
7. Tap the circle in the bottom right corner of all the snaps or stories you want to move. Once tapped, they’ll show blue and white checkmarks to signify that you’ve selected them.
8. Tap Hide Snaps (My Eyes Only).
9. Tap Move.
10. To move snaps/stories from My Eyes Only back to Memories, access My Eyes Only by entering your passcode/passphrase, tap a snap or story, tap the three vertical dots in the top right, then tap Unhide Snaps. You can also do it in bulk from My Eyes Only by tapping the circled checkmark in the top right corner, selecting the snaps/stories you want to move back, and tapping Unhide at the bottom.