In this article, we’ll explain how to download Twitter videos for offline playback on iOS, Android, and a computer. The steps apply to all platforms and all devices.
How to Download Twitter Videos on Android Mobile
You can also download a Twitter video on an Android application. All you need to do is first download the Download Twitter Videos application on your smartphone to download Twitter videos. You can easily use this app to download videos from Twitter as well as from Instagram. Here’s what you need to do next:
1. On your device, Launch the Twitter application and go to the Tweet which has the video you want to save.
2. Tap on the Share button and then select copy the link to Tweet.
3. You can now go to the Download Twitter Videos application and paste the link there. Then hit the download button at the bottom right corner of the page.
4. The video will start to download in the background. In order to view the downloaded video, you can either open the application and select the video you want to watch. Or else, you can go to the Gallery application on your smartphone to watch the video offline.
How to Download Twitter Videos on iPhone and iPad
iPhone and iPad owners have to put in a little more work than Android owners to save videos from Twitter, and it can also be more convoluted and time-consuming.
1. Download the free MyMedia app onto your iPhone or iPad.
2. Open the official Twitter app and look for the tweet containing the video you want to save.
3. You can also copy the Twitter video link from a browser; the official app isn’t required.
4. Tap the tweet so its text and video fill the entire screen. Be careful not to tap any links or hashtags in the tweet.
5. Under the tweet, next to the heart icon, will be another icon that looks like an arrow shooting out of a box. Tap it.
6. Select Share Tweet via.
7. Tap Copy Link. The URL of the tweet will now be saved to your device’s clipboard.
8. Close the Twitter app and open the MyMedia app.
9. Tap Browser from the bottom menu.
10. In the field at the top of the app, type www.TWDown.net and tap Go. This essentially loads a website within the MyMedia app.
11. Swipe down the web page until you see a field that reads Enter Video. Tap this field so the cursor appears, then tap and briefly hold your finger on it and release to bring up the Paste option.
12. Tap Paste to paste the tweet’s web address into the field.
13. Tap the Download button next to the field.
14. The web page will now reload and provide you with several download links for your video in a variety of sizes and resolutions. Tap the one you want to download.
15. As soon as you tap a download link, a menu will pop up. Tap Download the File, then type in a name for your saved video.
16. On the bottom menu, tap Media. You should see your saved video on this screen.
17. Tap your video’s file name.
18. A new menu will pop up with a list of options. Tap Save to Camera Roll to save a copy of your Twitter video to your iOS device’s Camera Roll folder. You can now open it in other apps just as you would if you had made the video yourself.
Downloading Twitter videos on desktop/PC:
1. Launch Twitter app and find the tweet with the video you want to download
2. Copy the video’s link by right-clicking on the video and copying its address
3. Go to Twitter Video Downloader next and paste the copied URL in the text box, then click “Download”
4. The page will reload to reveal several qualities you can download the video in
5. Click on one of those for the download to autostart