Knowing how to change your search region on Google Search can be super handy. If, for example, you don’t have access to one of the best VPN services on the computer or device you’re using, but you still want to see what are the top Google search results in another region, switching your search region will allow you to do so.
To change the region on Google Search and receive search results specific to a particular location, you can follow these steps:
1. Open your web browser and go to www.google.com.
2. Look for the “Settings icon” and click on it.
3. After clicking on the “Settings” icon, a drop-down menu should appear.
4. From the drop-down menu, select “Search Settings”. This will take you to the Google Search Settings page.
5. Now select Other settings from the two menus.
6. Click on Language & region and select the desired region or country from the available options. You can either choose a specific country or select the “Custom” option to manually input a specific location.
7. Select Results region
At the bottom of the menu, select Results region.
8. Select a new region and hit Confirm
By changing the region settings, Google Search will prioritize search results relevant to the selected region or country. It can be useful when you want to find location-specific information, such as local news, business listings, or events.
Keep in mind that changing the region settings in Google Search only affects the search results and does not alter other settings associated with your Google account or device.