For a more professional touch to your emails, it’s worth learning how to create and change a signature in Gmail. A signature can be used to share important contact information such as a telephone number or it can be used to divulge details about your general availability.
Creating and changing a signature in Gmail is a simple process. Here are the general steps to follow:
Creating a Signature:
1. Open Gmail Settings: Open your Gmail inbox in a web browser and click on the gear icon in the top right corner to access the settings menu. Select “See all settings” from the dropdown.
2. Navigate to Signature Settings: In the Settings menu, locate and click on the “General” tab.
3. Scroll to Signature Section: Scroll down until you find the “Signature” section within the General settings.
4. Create Your Signature: In the Signature section, you have several options for your signature. You can choose to enter your custom text, format it using the available formatting options, add links or images, and even use emojis.
5. Save Changes: Once you have created your signature, scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the “Save Changes” button to save your new signature.
Changing a Signature:
1. Access Gmail Settings: Follow the same steps mentioned above to access the Gmail settings menu.
2. Go to Signature Settings: Navigate to the “General” tab within the settings menu.
3. Edit Signature: Scroll down to the Signature section and make any changes you want to your existing signature. You can modify the text, formatting, or any other elements.
4. Save Changes: After editing your signature, scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the “Save Changes” button to update your signature with the new changes.
Once saved, your signature will automatically be added to new emails you compose, and you will have the option to manually include it in replies or forwards.
Please note that if you are using multiple email accounts in Gmail, you can set up separate signatures for each account by selecting the appropriate account from the dropdown menu in the Signature settings.