To lock WhatsApp with Face ID on your iPhone, you’ll need to enable the built-in security feature called “Screen Lock” within the WhatsApp app. Here’s how you can do it:
1. Open the WhatsApp app on your iPhone.
2. Click on the “Settings” tab located at the bottom-right corner of the screen.
3. Head to privacy
4. Scroll down to find the “Screen Lock” option and tap on it.
5. You’ll see a toggle switch next to “Require Face ID”. Enable this switch to activate Face ID as the locking method for WhatsApp.
6. You can also set the preferred time delay for Face ID to be required after app use by selecting “Immediately,” “After 1 minute,” or “After 15 minutes” in the “Require Face ID” section.
Once you enable Face ID as the screen lock method for WhatsApp, the app will lock automatically and require Face ID authentication whenever you open it after the specified time delay or when switching back to WhatsApp from another app.
Please note that Face ID is available on iPhone models equipped with Face ID, such as the iPhone X, iPhone XR, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone 11 series, iPhone 12 series, and later models.
If Face ID is not available on your iPhone model, you can use Touch ID (fingerprint authentication) instead by enabling the “Require Touch ID” option within the Screen Lock settings in WhatsApp.
I hope this helps you lock WhatsApp with Face ID on your iPhone.