Instagram has introduced a new feature that allows users to collaborate on posts with up to 3 people. This update opens up exciting possibilities for group collaborations and co-creating content on the platform.
This is a big deal because the Collab feature had been severely limited until now, allowing just one co-author and a much narrower toolset. Carousels also hadn’t been available for collaboration.
Speaking of photo carousels, this feature already shows an array of your favorite photos and videos, but now you can add music. Meta says this is a great tool for “sharing a collection of summer memories with friends or moments from your camera roll.”
Here’s how you can collaborate on Instagram posts with up to 3 people:
1. Update Instagram: Make sure you have the latest version of the Instagram app installed on your device. Visit your app store and check for any available updates for Instagram.
2. Create a New Post: Open the Instagram app and tap on the “+” symbol at the bottom center of the screen to create a new post.
3. Choose a Photo or Video: Choose the photo or video you want to feature in your collaborative post by clicking on the respective option at the bottom of the screen. You can either choose media from your device’s gallery or take a new photo/video using the Instagram camera.
4. Add Filters, Captions, and Other Details: Proceed to edit your chosen media by applying filters, adjusting brightness/contrast, or cropping the image/video as desired. Then, add a caption, location, and any other details you want to include in the post.
5. Invite Collaborators: Under the caption area, you’ll find a new “Tag People” option. Tap on it, and you’ll see an option to “Invite Collaborators.” Select this option.
6. Select Collaborators: Look for the Instagram usernames of the people you want to collaborate with on the post. You can add up to 3 collaborators. As you type their usernames, Instagram will offer suggestions, and you can tap on the correct username to select each collaborator.
7. Confirm and Publish: Once you’ve selected your collaborators, Click on “Done” to confirm your choices. You’ll be taken back to the post creation screen. Review the post to ensure everything is in order, and when you’re ready, tap on “Share” to publish the collaborative post.
Note: This feature is available in the latest version of Instagram, so make sure to update your app to access all the latest features and improvements.
By following these steps above, you can now collaborate with up to 3 people on a single Instagram post. This feature is a fantastic way to create collaborative content, showcase multiple perspectives, and engage in joint projects with friends, colleagues, or fellow creators.