There are third-party apps available on the App Store that allow you to download YouTube videos to your iPhone. These apps often act as web browsers and provide a download feature specifically for YouTube videos. Here’s a general overview of the steps to download YouTube videos on your iPhone.
1. Install a Third-Party App: Search for “YouTube video downloader” or similar keywords on the App Store to find available apps. Some popular options include “Documents by Readdle,” “TubeMate,” or “iDownloader.” Install the app of your choice.
2. Open the App and Access YouTube: Launch the downloaded app and use its built-in web browser to access YouTube. Typically, these apps provide a search bar or a website address bar where you can enter youtube.com to browse YouTube videos.
3. Find and Select the Video: Search for the video you want to download within the app’s browser. Once you find the desired video, tap on it to access its playback page.
4. Download the Video: The specific process for downloading videos can vary depending on the app you installed. Typically, apps provide a “Download” or “Download video” button near the video playback area. Tap on the download button, select the desired resolution or format, and the video will begin downloading to your iPhone.
5. Access the Downloaded Video: Once the download is complete, you can usually access the downloaded video within the app itself. Some apps have a separate “Downloads” or “Media” section where you can find the downloaded videos. From there, you may have the option to play, share, or save the video to your iPhone’s Photos app or Camera Roll.
With YouTube Premium
The simplest method to download and save YouTube videos to your iPhone is to sign up for YouTube Premium. This paid subscription service provides ad-free watching in addition to video downloads and is available for $13.99 per month for an individual (or $139.99 per year).
1. Once logged into YouTube with your premium account, find the video you’d like to download and tap the Download button under the video playback window.
2. Select your preferred video quality (the resolution of the original upload determines maximum quality), then click OK.
3. To watch downloaded videos, open the Library tab and select Downloads, then choose the saved video you want.
Keep in mind that while the videos you download with YouTube Premium can be watched on or offline, you still have to be logged in with your Premium account. You’ll also need to connect your YouTube app to the internet (while signed in) at least once every 30 days to continue accessing your saved videos for offline viewing.
Note: While there are other methods to download videos from YouTube, they violate YouTube’s Terms of Service. Those methods could result in YouTube closing your account and potentially exposing you to copyright violation claims.
Additionally, be cautious when downloading third-party apps, as they may have their own terms and conditions, privacy policies, and potential security risks. Always review the app’s features, user reviews, and credibility before downloading and installing any third-party app.